A Proud Tradition
Tillamook County Family YMCA, at 610 Stillwell in Tillamook, was built solely through the generosity of our county’s citizens. It reflects our community’s proud tradition of generosity and self-sufficiency.
Today, the Y serves nearly 2,300 members and 10,000 non-members each year. It is the only fitness facility in the community available to everyone and helps people of all ages build healthier lives.
On any day, adults may use the fitness center while their children are served by YMCA childcare. The high school swim team practices in the pool and all young people can use the gym, ping-pong or game room or learn to swim. Children can splash with their parents, seniors can do low-impact aerobics and lap swimmers can work on their personal fitness routine.
Working to support our schools, the YMCA serves as a feeder for school soccer, basketball and swimming programs. The Y’s SMART Pre-School program gives youngsters a good start. And by providing facilities and a myriad of programs to Tillamook Bay Community College and Tillamook County General Hospital, the Y helps to leverage our community resources and avoid duplication and waste.
Your YMCA is a non-profit organization. We are dedicated to providing programs and services to everyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, or economic ability.
Being a YMCA member is much more than using the “Y” facilities or participating in the programs. It’s an attitude, an atmosphere produced by all the members and staff. It’s a fellowship of people who have accepted the mission of the YMCA and are united by a common cause of enhancing people’s quality of life in Tillamook County.
As a Y-Member, you will have year round use of your YMCA facility, which includes:
- 25 - yard, 6 lane swimming pool, salt water chlorine generating system
- 25 - yard, 5 lane zero depth swimming pool, salt water chlorine generating system
- Fully equipped 5,000 sq ft fitness center with weights, treadmills, ellipticals, exercise bikes, Life Fitness machines, rowers, and stair climbers
- Dry sauna
- Handball/Racquetball courts
- Daily usage of locker room facilities
- Gymnasium with six baskets
- Indoor walking/running track (elevated 1/17 mile track)
- Fitness classes in either pool or gym
- Open swims, family swims, and lap swims
- Youth programs which include: swimming lessons, gymnastics, baseball, basketball, soccer, flag football, and volleyball to mention a few
- Child Care, Preschool, Before School, Kindergarten, After School, and Special All Day Programs
- Child Watch: Babysitting service while you work out at the YMCA